10 Professional Headshot Tips for Beginners
Having your picture taken is not on the top of most people's list for "fun things to do". With a great photographer and these suggestions, you can relax, have fun and get the best image ever taken of you.
1. Schedule your session a few days in advance. Stressing to get ready for your session adds unneeded pressure on you.
2. Dress and put on makeup like you are going to a job interview. Don't overdo either one. Light makeup is better.
3. Wear things that make you feel good. If you feel good you will look your best.
4. Drink plenty of water a few days prior to your session. Your skin will look healthier and your lips will not be chapped.
5. Make sure you have plenty of time in your session. Pick a photographer who will shoot until you get what you need.
6. Do not wear complex patterns or jewelry. The focus should be on your face, not your necklace.
7. When you are posing, try to "squinch" your eyes a slight bit (almost like reading the last line on an eye chart any the doctor). This brings confidence to your face.
8. Practice pushing your forehead up and towards the camera without moving your body. This tightens your jawline.
9. Ask for your favorite music to be played.
10. Bring clothing options.